Miso Salmon Tacos with Corn Tortillas
- RECIPE YEAR: 2019
- RECIPE BY: Vince Hamilton
- YIELD: Serves 5
- PAIRS WELL WITH: Russian River Pinot Noir, Rosé of Rusian River Pinot Noir
This simple-to-prepare recipe for miso salmon tacos features miso, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, brown sugar and just the perfect blend of seasoning. Serve over corn tortillas.
Gomashio Seed Mixture
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
To prepare the gomashio seed mixture, in a small bowl, stir together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds and salt. Set aside.
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons miso
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 5 king salmon fillets, about 4 ounces each
- 5 taco-size gluten-free corn tortillas, warmed
- Lemon wedges for serving
To prepare the salmon, preheat the oven to 550°F. In a small bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, brown sugar, miso, lemon juice, vinegar and water. Generously brush the tops of the salmon fillets with the mixture. Roast until the salmon is slightly charred and golden brown on top, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle the salmon with the gomashio seed mixture and serve over fresh hot tortillas with a squeeze of lemon juice.