- RECIPE YEAR: 2018
- YIELD: Serves 8
- PAIRS WELL WITH: 2017 Estate Chardonnay
This is a family favorite of ours for holiday get-togethers. We eagerly await the opening of the Dungeness crab season each fall along the Sonoma Coast. A deliciously rich cheese sauce with large lumps of crabmeat, the fondue pairs well with Chardonnay and your favorite crusty French bread.
- 2 jars Old English cheese
- 2 packages (each 8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound fresh cooked Dungeness crabmeat
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into cubes
In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together the Old English cheese, cream cheese, cream, cayenne pepper, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder, and season with salt and black pepper. Heat, whisking, until creamy and smooth. Add the crabmeat and simmer for a few minutes. Serve in a heated fondue pot or crock with your favorite French bread.